Monday, March 9, 2015

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I swore I wouldn't read it because I believe that its over rated, as anything else these days, and because its just another romance novel.

In any case, to be fair,the book was engaging, I didn't want to put it down. It was well organized and well written. There is something about the first person narration that really hooks me. Anyway, I was right, it is just another romance novel, aiming at the hopeless romantics (such as myself).

What really pissed me off was that it is not realistic (yeah, it is fiction, but still we look for the reality behind the words we read). No guy would be as sweet to his girl as Augustus was to Hazel, it just doesn't happen.

Apart from that, Hazel and Gus sounded smart, too smart for their age. They even appeared smarter than their parents (and at the same level as Van Houten). Which I found pretty strange.

To be honest, I was touched, and I sneaked in a few tears here and there. Also, I loved the idea of death and it being present the whole time. But, in the end, I couldn't make up my mind if I actually liked it or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment