Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

I went out and bought all four novels in Dan Brown's Robert Langdon series. At first I felt like I should have bought the first one first, maybe I wont like. Someone told me that it was a bit too much for one's brain to fathom and I might not like Dan Brown's style. Boy were they wrong. I am glad I bout the entire series.

God! It has been two or three days and my nose has been buried in Angels & Demons. I literally read from the second I wake up till the second I fall asleep. It is one heck of a page turner. Mind blowing!

Illuminati? Conspiracies? Murders? Science vs religion? Wow! I have never taken interest in the subject, but after reading this novel I think I'll read into it.

I'm not sure if the plot is based on truth regarding the Illuminati brotherhood and all. Nevertheless, how the events uncoiled and "truths" about the brotherhood were revealed was amazing! It was written smoothly and it is well thought out.

Dan Brown is a genius.

I actually had to stop at certain points, put the book down and just paused for a few second to think of what just happened. It is very engaging and captivating, the reader is continuing to read to find out what is going to happen, always thirsty for the unraveling of breath taking information.

There was a lot of action as well, which made my heart race as if I was watching the events rather than reading it. Also, the amount of symbology and signs was extraordinary. I find signs and symbology very interesting and sometimes I take interest in them in my reality, so reading a novel over flowing with them was very exciting. Awesome!

I thought the language would be a problem. I thought Brown would be using vocabulary that would have me whipping out my dictionary a few times per page. But that was not the case at all, fortunately.

Over all, it was, again, a mind blowing experience to read Angel & Demons, as I'm sure will the case with the the next three novels.

On to number two!

No comments:

Post a Comment