Friday, May 8, 2015

Naked Cruelty by Colleen McCullough

Yet another great novel by Colleen McCullough!

To be honest, I saw it coming, the identity of the Dodo, I mean. Though McCullough knew how to make the reader doubt his/her own speculations.

What I really admired about this book is that even though it is about rape and murder, it wasn't full of sexual scenery. Which would have turned me off, to say the least. Thank God it contained the minimum amount, just enough to be relevant to the plot.

That ending though, WOW!! Did not see this one coming. I had to read that last paragraph 3 times to make sure I read correctly! What a cliff hanger!

I wonder if Helen's new founded self satisfaction is going to reappear in the next 2 books... Would be nice to find out how that works out!

Desdemona was slightly out of the picture in this book, which was a change from the previous 2 books of this awesome detective series!

No comments:

Post a Comment