Monday, May 11, 2015

The Prodigal Son by Colleen McCullough

Crimes that involve poison are truly the worst. I am sure we all suspected Jim, but holly crap that ending!

What was different about this book that I didn't find in the previous 3 was the humor. I had a bit of a laugh quiet frequently, actually. It was a change, but likeable.

It was understandable that someone would finally break in such a way, everyone has a final straw indeed. Especially a good person who lets themselves be a door mat to a loved one, gladly. Nevertheless, everyone has a breaking point. It was actually a relieve to see that breaking point achieved.

I'm trying not to give anything away though.

Sad to say that one book of this amazing series is left for me to read. I also just found out that Colleen McCullough died last January.

RIP MCM :)

Truly a great writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment